We are approaching the main block of GCSE examinations that are the culmination of our year 11 students 5 years at South Shore Academy.
To provide them with the most effective revision opportunities, we have organised a revision programme in two phases.
Students will have a 6 day programme of revision. This revision will take place starting Monday 9th May either at SSA or in a conference facility that we have hired for this purpose at Blackpool Football Club.
Students will be issued with a personal timetable that indicates what subject they will be revising for each day and the location of that revision session. If your child is allocated a revision session at Blackpool Football Club, they will need to:
- Arrive at Blackpool FC at 9.10 a.m. and will be allowed to leave at 3 p.m.
- Meet at the Hotel entrance where they will be collected by a member of SSA staff.
- Wear full school uniform (all Year 11 students will be required to do so).
- Demonstrate excellent standards of behaviour. Failure to do so will result in your child being required to study at home.
- Lunch will be provided for pupils at Blackpool FC. Students will not be allowed off the site.
Students who are required in school – usually because specialist facilities are needed for their revision – will be expected to attend the Academy at the usual time in full school uniform.
From the week beginning 16th May 2016, students will begin their main GCSE examinations. A full timetable of revision for students taking place in school will be organised and given to students next week.
Thank you for your support.